Summer is just around the corner. What is a better way to welcome it than to have the pool opening? Yes you read correctly!
THE POOL will be opening Memorial Day Weekend! (May 27-30)
A pool “sign-in session” is to take place by the pool on Friday, June 3rd at
3 pm – 6 pm.
If you can not attend this session, please stop by the Leasing Center to pick up your pool pass. (If you don’t have one already)
Below is an abbreviated version of the pool rules:
- Hours 10:00 am – 9:00 pm 7-Days a week
- Must have Pool Pass to enter
- All children 14 years old or younger must be accompanied by an adult resident of Auburn Ridge Town Houses or an appointed caretaker who has attained the age of 17
- No food, glass and/or other breakable items
- Sealable bottles only
- 2 guests per unit
- *Additional Rules Apply
*Complete pool rules will be posted in the pool area
* Please see 1.15 Communities with Pools located in Lease
* Please see 31. Facilities Guidelines, Waiver and Release located in POLICIES & HANDBOOK
DOG WASTE & CIGARETTE BUTTS
Auburn Ridge is a “pet friendly community” but we need your help to keep it as a safe and a clean community for all residents to enjoy and be proud of!
If you have a pet; please help us keep the property clean by always cleaning up your pet’s waste and properly disposing of it in the garbage receptacles around the community. Your pet also should not be utilizing a balcony as their restroom. This affects the tenant’s patio area below you.
Cigarette butts are also a nuisance and can easily be remedied by utilizing an ashtray and/or other container to place your cigarette butts. The ground/grass is not your ashtray!
Due to the above mentioned issues we are implementing the following VIOLATION CHARGES:
|1ST||$ 25.00||$ 25.00|
|2ND||$ 75.00||$ 50.00|
|3RD||$ 125.00||$ 100.00|
Additional Violations may lead to eviction!
Yes . . . spring has sprung and it’s that time of the year when the “bugs” come out too! If you are experiencing issues with some unsightly pests; call the Leasing Center and we will schedule our Pest Control Service Man, “Reggie”, to come and take care of it for you!
With warmer weather come a few reminders so that all can enjoy the outdoors and be safe.
Vehicles: please watch your speed when driving thru the parking lot so that we don’t have any kind of mishaps! Also. . Keep your vehicle stereo volume at a reasonable level as well.
No Parking Areas: kindly do not park in these areas. It is unsafe and a nuisance for your neighbors. The management has taken notice of vehicles that are illegally parked and we will have your vehicle towed at the owner’s expense.
BBQ: Time to pull out the BBQ Grill-but wait, not so fast! City ordinance requires that BBQ grills be a minimum of 15 feet away from any building structure – Yikes! Please . . . don’t grill next to the building . . . if any damages occur to the exterior of your building . . . you will be held responsible for any/all damages!
Our Leasing Center hours are to Monday – Friday 10:00am to 6:00pm.
The Leasing Center will be closed in observance of Memorial Day!
MAKE SURE IF YOU ARE DROPPING YOUR PAYMENT IN THE DROP BOX IT FALLS COMPLETELY DOWN AND IS NOT SITTING ON THE LEDGE.
- Leasing Center Drop Box is always available for you to
drop your payments or other correspondence after hours.
Money Saving Tips
- Here are some new websites that offer daily deals for all different places in our area.
- The deals they offer are usually 50% off or more!
- CHECK IT OUT!
5 PLANTS that repel mosquitoes
1. Catnip: what attracts cats is very effective at repelling mosquitoes. This’d be our first choice.
2. Rosemary: This is one of our favorite herbs for cooking and we love the smell and the bright blue flowers. And, as we’ve mentioned before, it’s effective against mosquitoes. It may not last outside when the weather gets colder but it’s perfect for the summer when the bugs are out and the vegetables that blend perfectly with it — tomatoes, eggplants, peppers — are in.
3. Marigolds: Their bright flowers will decorate your garden and add some colour. If you plant some near your vegetable plot, they also work their magic on other garden pests such as aphids as well.
4. Mosquito Plants: Yup, there are actual plants called mosquito plants.
5. Citronella Grass: this plant is where they get the oil that powers those smelly candles that keep the bugs away. Unfortunately, it’s also a tropical grass that grows super tall so it may not work in your average garden.
Yummy BBQ recipes from KRAFT!!
GRILLED BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN
What You Need
1 lb. ground beef
1/4 cup A.1. Original Steak Sauce, divided
4 KRAFT Singles
4 hamburger buns
4 lettuce leaves
8 slices OSCAR MAYER Bacon, cooked, broken in half
HEAT grill to medium-high heat.
MIX meat and 2 Tbsp. steak sauce; shape into 8 (1/4-inch-thick) patties. Fold each Singles into quarters; place on 4 patties. Top with remaining patties; pinch edges together to seal.
GRILL 5 min. on each side or until done (160ºF), placing buns, cut-sides down, on grill grate the last 2 min.
FILL buns with lettuce, burgers, remaining steak sauce and bacon.
BBQ BOURBON RIBS
What you need
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. paprika
2 tsp. garlic powder
1-1/2 tsp. black pepper
3 lb. pork baby back ribs
1/2 cup orange juice
1 cup BULL’S-EYE Original Barbecue Sauce
2 Tbsp. bourbon
HEAT grill to medium. Mix sugar and seasonings; rub onto both sides of ribs. Place 1/2 the ribs in single layer on 30×12-inch sheet of heavy-duty foil. Bring up sides of foil; double fold top and 1 end of packet to seal. Repeat with remaining ribs and second sheet of foil. Add 1/4 cup orange juice through open end of 1 packet; double fold end, leaving room for heat to circulate inside. Repeat with second packet.
GRILL, covered, 45 min. to 1 hour or until ribs are cooked through. Remove ribs from foil; discard foil. Return ribs to grill. Mix barbecue sauce and bourbon; brush onto ribs. Grill 15 min., turning occasionally and brushing with remaining sauce.
GRILLED SHRIMP TOASTADAS
What You Need
2 poblano chilies
3 ears corn on the cob, husks and silks removed
1-1/2 lb. uncooked large shrimp, peeled, deveined
1/2 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing,
1 fully ripe avocado, halved, peeled and pitted
8 tostada shells (6 inch)
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
HEAT grill to medium-high heat.
PLACE chilies and corn on grill. Grill chilies 10 min. or until blackened, turning occasionally; transfer to bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Grill corn an additional 5 to 10 min. or until tender, turning occasionally; remove from grill.
THREAD shrimp onto skewers; grill 4 min. or until shrimp turn pink, brushing frequently with 1/4 cup dressing. Meanwhile, blend remaining dressing and avocados in blender until smooth.
PEEL, seed and devein chiles; cut into strips. Remove corn from cobs. Combine chiles, corn and shrimp. Place tostada shells on grill; top with cheese. Grill 2 min. or until cheese is melted. Remove from grill. Top with shrimp mixture and avocado mixture
JUNE CALENDAR EVENTS
Did you know that June is . . .
and NATIONAL SAFETY MONTH
Check it out for some ideas http://www.nsc.org/nsc_events/Nat_Safe_Month/Pages/home.aspx
June 1st Donut Day
June 6th National Yo-Yo Day
June 10th Iced Tea Day
June 11th Great Outdoors Month
National Get Outdoors Day is a new annual event to encourage healthy, active outdoor fun.
Participating partners will offer opportunities for American families to experience traditional and non-traditional types of outdoor activities.
Prime goals of the day are reaching first-time visitors to public lands and reconnecting our youth to the great outdoors.
June 15th Fly a Kite Day
June 16th National Fudge Day
June 19th Father’s Day
All-Star Magic Show
Date/Time: Thursday, June 23 at 2:00 PM
Where: Meadow Brook Music Festival
Price: 15 reserved pavilion and
$10 general admission pavilion
Doors: 1:00 PM
GLEE LIVE!! IN CONCERT
Date/Time: Monday, June 13 at 7:30
Place: The Palace of Auburn Hills
Price: $92.50 and $52.50 reserved
Doors: 6:00 PM
RIVER DAYS IN DETROIT 6/18 – 6/21
- § The three-day-long festival counts down to summer (6/18 through 6/21) and is full of fun and games and music acts.
- § In fact, over 50 acts will perform on three stages over the course of the weekend.
- § National acts include Blues Traveler, Lonestar, MC Hammer and the Spin Doctors. Detroit natives include Kimmie Horne and Stewart Francke.
- § There is also a HAP Kids’ Zone Stage with entertainment by AM 910 Radio Disney, a carnival midway, tall ships, the MGM Grand Detroit Parade of Lights, a classic car show, and of course food, food and more food at Pepsi’s Taste of Detroit. Admission is $3.
HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!
10 Best Father’s Day Gift Ideas
|1. A Hug||6. Meaty Treat|
|2. A Unique Gadget||7. Golf Kit|
|3. Picture Frame||8. Wine & Beer Basket|
|4. Leather Wallet||9. BBQ/Grill Accessories|
|5. Sports Ticket||10. Gift packet of Cigars|